Monday, December 3, 2012

Oh yay, oh yay

look what I found.


No, not a quilt top, silly.

My camera that I used today to take the pic of the quilt top.  Yay!!!

To celebrate I took pics of all the quilts I put together yesterday.  The one above I did this morning.

So here's my woven logs quilt top....


and here's the one I did with the left overs from the woven logs.....



This one's my favorite......



And here's FLAME....


with it's matching laundry bag.....



and some other laundry bags too......


The one on the left is the reverse of FLAME's bag...

FLAME has 332 3" squares, including lots of half square triangles, rectrangles, bars and 1 6" square.  It took me a few weeks to get together.  I had to mark of each row as I did it.  The pattern is inspired by one from QuiltBlockOfTheMonthClub, but is my own pattern.  The Woven Logs pattern I got from them too.

My Fave - the one with the semi circles on it - is from a Sweetwater book, I think.  Their's is a table runner, but I enarged it all to be 42" x 72".  Works really well, don't you think?  It was so quick to put together too.  Probably only 2 hours from cutting to sewing the last seam.

All the laundry bags and these quilts are destined for Aussie Hero Quilts.  I was wanting to quilt FLAME myself - after all I really should use the frame hubby biult me.  But now seieing it whole like this I may just send it off to them.  They have professional duo that help out and I'm sure they would do a better job than me. 

Although, AHQ might not get the semi circle one......



UPDATE - Dec 7:
They did not get the semi circle one, but the other flimsys got sent today.

UPDATE - Dec 11:
Quilt tops arrived safe and sound to AHQ headquaters - yay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message