Friday, October 17, 2014

In the middle of some sewing

I have managed to do 2 paintings.

They are Christmas themed and copies of ones I have seen on the web.  But I still consider them originals - cause I made them.

This one I did first - starting out with the easiest - sorry about the glare in the pic.  It's not very large - only approx. 10" x 8".  It's companion piece is the same size.

Again more glare...  That's what I get for using gloss varnish.

This guy's face took me a couple of goes to get right, but I am really happy with the way he turned out.

They are both being donated to the cali clubs my girls are associated with as part of their concert raffle hampers.  With a bit of luck they won't be buried underneath a pile of other stuff.

On the sewing front - I have been making more Angel Gowns. 

The current wedding dress has revealed 30 angel gowns!  I am nearly finished with this lot.  I only have 10 more to sew up and then 14 pairs of bootees to knit.  Once that is all done, all that is left is to photograph each gown by itself and then as a group and send it all off back to the organisers.

I will be glad to see the end of this dress....

I have also managed to do a bit of crochet - a few butterflies as angel keepsakes as well as an angel done with 2 granny squares and some pipe cleaners (chenille sticks).