Monday, September 17, 2012

Wedding Dress

Or rather a new dress for a wedding.

Decided I needed a new dress for a wedding we have been invited to.  The daughter of one of hubby's cousins is getting married in 3 weeks.

Found a pattern I really like and some fabric.  In my head the two go really well together.

Yesterday I cut it out and sewed up the bodice.  Since I bought a pattern that was a size too small I have had to add in extra bits here and there - nothing out side my sewing skills.  Or so you'd think.

Tried on the top of the dress to check if it would do up in the back.  According to my eldest it won't!

Bummer....  Now it's back to the shop for more fabric and to see if they have the larger sized pattern.

So this will end up in the bin.  What a WOTEM...

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Thoughts In Thread

This arvo I got around to finishing off the next 3 blocks in my Thoughts in Thread quilt by Val Laird.  The embroidered parts had been sitting around for a few weeks now.

Block # 6

Block #7

Block #8

And Blocks 1 to 8 all together...

Can't wait for the final part.  I have really enjoyed the whole process with this quilt.  I may have to make another one......

Monday, September 10, 2012

Aussie Hero Quilts

Is a blog spot that I just found.  What an inspiration and such a great way to let our armed services personnel overseas know that we here appreciate their efforts.

Looks like I know have another reason to go thru my stash and start making laundry bags and quilts.

If any of you readers care to help, please check out the blog and make some bags or quilts to be sent.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

New quilts, etc.

Did I mention that I had bought some Tana Lawn to make into quilts for each of the cali clubs we are associated with??

Well here they are:

They are not very big - just lap size - and each has different quilting on it.  Hopefully they will be well received by the clubs and by the winners of the raffles.

I also started to crochet a cotton wash cloth too.  It really hurt my hand / base of my thumb that holds the work in progress.

And I finished 2 of the crocheted cotton wash cloths.  They went to a friend of the family who is getting married in November as part of her Kitchen Tea Party - eldest daughter is part of the bridal party. I hope she likes them.

Today I cut out and sewed up an apron and 1 matching teatowel.  They are made from a cotton linen blend.  The pattern can be found here - another great site for things to make.

The apron is adjustable - the neck strap is the tie and runs thru a channel down the side - very clever.