Saturday, May 17, 2014

My Convergence Quilt

I have just finished the top for my first ever Ricky Timms Convergence Quilt and I'm not sure I like it.  It's probably the fabric choices that have me unsold.

So 2 days ago I took 4 fabrics.....



cut them up according to the plan and sewed them together.....


then cut some more and sewed some more.........


Didn't take too long to do.  At this point it looks ok.  Then this afternoon I added the borders and got this.......


I made a mistake with the first bit of border sewing and couldn't use those bits of fabric.  So I had to improvise to get it looking how I wanted it to look.  A bit more judicious piecing and I end up with a quilt about 45" square (not really square, but you get the idea).

Maybe the borders are too wide?  But if I cut them narrower it won't be a usable quilt - more of a table topper/hanging.

I wonder if I could cut the borders narrower and then add another narrow navy border and then put the off cuts back on.  Anyone got any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message