Thursday, May 15, 2014

Busy Knitting

Over that past few weeks I have been busy knitting beanies.  10 of them in fact.  They are all destined for the Alice Springs Beanie Festival.  Hopefully they will sell.


First there was a pink multi acrylic knitted in a brick pattern.....


And then a blue multi knitted with some fluffy acrylic....


I used the blue multi again and added in some other blues getting paler each time and ended in white.  It's rather long for a beanie....



And then there was the grey/cream/silver yarn I had.....



All of these were from yarn I already had in my stash.  Most of my stash is single balls, so making a beanie makes good use of them.  I did make another similar to the one above, but I haven't taken it's photo.

Then there was this one.  It's really soft and folds up quite small.  I have since added  a knitted flower to one side tot his one.



What do you think of this one?  I call it Yup Yup....



These next 2 were made with the only ball of yarn I purchased.  It's a wool/nylon mix, quite soft but no the easiest to knit with.  The yarn kept on splitting....





And then there was the one that took me 3 nights to make!!  Again acrylic from the stash - who buys fluoro orange yarn??

Me apparently....

 
 
I finally got around to putting together the Cali Mum's Mystery Quilt too.  Not too sure on the second border though.

 
Oh and I also made up April's Small Quilt Talk challenge quilt.  I have now quilted it and just have to put the binding on.
 

Can I just say I hate prairie points laid like this.  They don't want to sit flat especially in the corners.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message