Thursday, July 17, 2014

I got the urge to Paint

again recently.  I have done some internet searches for ideas and inspiration.  Went thru my stock of canvases to see what I had - mostly large ones.  Even found my watercolour supplies (that I had yet to crack open).

There are many paintings with sayings on them around these days.  I like the idea.  It seems to be quick and fairly easy to do.  So I came up with m own.  I was a bit unsure about the underpainting at first.  I used different blues, some purples a couple of oranges and some white.  Then I added in some iridescent purple.  Whilst mixing the paints all over the canvas I did make 'mud' - oops.  That's what I get for combining orange and purple.  Oh well.  I was also unsure if the letters I had would a) stick to the painted canvas, and b) not pull of any paint when I took them off.  Luckily they didn't.  They didn't stick down very well at the edges, so there is some bleed under.  Must remember that for the next one I do. 

This is what I came up with......



  It kind of reminds me of winters first storm - snow and all.  The phrase is from a book I have been reading lately - or rather a series of books (I'm onto #2) - you can probably guess which one.

The canvas is 61cm square - a good size for this.  Now I want to do 'you are my sunshine' with a yellow top coat, 'love is in the air' with maybe a pink top coat.

Still not having satisfied my paint urge I got out the watercolours and had a play with them.  I think I like them - the paints that is not necessarily what I did with them, though the red flower is not too bad.


I have since outlined the green splotch on the petal and given it legs - now it's a bug.

I have packed all my paints away for the time being, but they will come back out soon.  I would love to be able to run paint classes from home - ones where everyone is given the same pattern and uses the same paint colours.  We'll see about this venture......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message