Wednesday, February 19, 2014

It's a Mystery

Ooh ooh ooh, a mystery, aah aah ahh.

Oh stop singing!!

In case I haven't mentioned it before I am running a Mystery Quilt along with some friends.  There's only a couple of us doing it but I am having fun.  We started with a focus fabric - which is actually the outer most border and then use coordinating plains or near plains for the centre bits.

This is my focus fabric.  It's a Japanese styled print with greys, reds, oranges, browns and golds in it.

 
I decided to select 4 other prints and 4 plains as well as a motley print for the background - this is them all together.

 
I had the ladies cut and bag up their fabrics just to keep it a bit organised.
 
 
After the fourth set of instructions this is what we have..... a four patch four patch.

 
The fifth set gets us to make some half square triangles....
 


And then we have to add a triangle to the larger square we cut out....


So far so good.  I am trying to stay 1 step ahead of the others even though I know I could easily have it finished in a day.  As I do each step I take note how long it takes me and add that to the instructions.  These ladies are new to quilting/patchwork so I have made most of the steps really short - under 1 hour each.  The hardest part will be the final quilting of their quilts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message