Sunday, February 2, 2014

A couple of finishes

Last week I got stuck into the SQT Jan Challenge - a Bear Paw quilt.  I put the finishing touches on it on Jan 31 - phew just made it!


Not too sure I like it yet.  I used my scrap bags - the same fabrics with which I made the Single Girl quilt flimsy. 

I have also made the following using the same fabrics.  This one I like.


It's about 48" square and will have scrappy purple binding.  I even know how I am going to quilt it.  That's saying something for me as I usually have absolutely no idea on how things should be quilted.

Then this morning I made this....



It gets rid of my current stash of 2.5" strips.  Thank goodness as I was getting sick of the colours.  Apparently that happens when you use the same pile of fabrics again and again.

I still have to trim of the top edge.  It's about 65" x 48".  Not sure what will happen with it yet.  Maybe when I get around to quilting it I will put it up on facebook for sale - or donate to a cali club for a raffle.

Talking about quilting things - I have done a rough count of the flimsies I have hanging around and there's over 12 of them!!!  Time they were actually finished off don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed seeing your Pam Bono My Flower Patch blocks. My sewing group is doing this too, and yours is the only one I have actually seen in fabric. We have 5 more blocks to go and with 5 different ladies sewing they are all very different and totally amazing. Thanks for the peek and have you done any more blocks that we could see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gayle, Thanks for stopping by.

      I was just thinking the other day that I should get back to those blocks - only have 5 more to make and then the borders. Maybe your comment will get me moving on them. You never know!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a message