Monday, March 11, 2013

Mini quilts group Swap

Yesterday I signed up to the yahoo group small talk quilts' mini quilt swap.  Should be some fun.  At the end of the month I will get paired up with someone else in the swap, exchange a few emails and them make them a mini quilt.  They will do the sme for me.  As most participants are from the USA I imagine that is where mine will also be from.  I notice that there a few ladies who are after something Civil War - I have no idea what that means for quilts, so if I get one of them I will have to do some research!! 

Yesterday was also JOY DAY so I made a mini for the March 2013 challenge.  The brief was to make a certain pattern in 'ugly' fabrics.  Since I couldn't be bothered going thru all of my fabrics to find different colours and I had my purple stash bag already out of storage I chose to use purples only - oh and with white.  I think I found some ugly fabrics in that bag.  This is them....
 
 
Once I started sewing I found I had only cut half the number of white I needed.  Silly me.  Oh well - back to the cutting board.  A few hours later and she's all done.  Lo and behold all cut up and together the mini quilt is actually quite nice - uglies and all.  It measures at around 17" square.


Now I still have to quilt it and bind it - though I'm not too sure which purple I used as the border as those I have seem to be a bit off colour.  I'm sure I'll find it.

I had bits left over when cutting the Half Square Triangles, so I made a mini mini quilt.  This will go with a doll to be sold at a Market Night I am going to in November.


Isn't it just the cutest??  It only measure 8.5" square.  I know it's a bit rough with seams not matching but Amish Sarah will love it (that's the name of the doll I have yet to make).  I hope she ends up going home with some lucky person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message