Friday, August 17, 2012

New project - Suffolk Puff or Yo Yo quilt

I know I have a long list of things I should be finishing, but I just could not help myself making this....


I needed something to do of an evening and could not bring myself to get out the knitting again.  The colours are a lot softer than the pic tells it.  In seeing it on screen that plain green, the bright one, really grabs one's attention.

There's lots on white and grey in the prints too.  It could be left as it is as a table centre, but I am going to attach it to a solid colour quilt sandwich.  I'm thinking a mid grey, if I can find a nice colour.  Otherwise it will have to be white. Doing this will take it from a 24" piece to a 44" piece.

There are 22 different fabrics in this with 5/6 different prints.  I was going to make up the 196 puffs and then randomly sew them together, but I really can't bring myself to do random.  So after a bit of math, I came up with that layout.  What do you think?  I used fat quaters and have enough to make another quilt - this will be strips of colour down the centre with white side strips.  Hmm - need to buy some white.....


Last night there was a queue in my kitchen for the water bowl..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message