Friday, February 17, 2012

Socks for January Challenge

Half way thru February and I just get around to posting this pic.  Oh well, better late than never.  I did get these done in January - whilst on holidays mind you.  Other campers thought I was a bit crazy knitting socks.

So, anyway, this is my january pair.


Ok, so they are not really a pair - but there's two of them and two makes a pair right??  the sort of stripey one is supposed to have a turn down ruffle, but it did not photograph well like that.  It's a bit short up the ankle too, so I'm not too sure they will actually get worn.

So why did I make 2 clearly individual socks for January.  My theory is that if I make only 1 of each pair, then a) I won't get bored doing the other one, and b) to wear them I have to force myself to sit down and make it's friend.  I know that if I was to make the second one, it would languish on the needles for some time and possbily not get finished in time for the challenge.  Makes sense to me.

I have also made 1 February sock and have started on my thigh high ones.  These are going to take a while to do - lots of stitches and they are supposed to come right up to the top of my thigh.  I will have to knit these over a few months.  You can see them peeking out of the bag in the above photo.  Very red, very sexy.  I think they will get a matching knitted suspender belt or maybe a chemise to attach them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message