Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Do I really need all this?

Each year when we go away for 3 weeks over Xmas I think to myself "Do I really need all these clothes/dishes/etc?"  Today I was thinking how much clothing is enough to have.  I am ashamed to admit that I probably could go 2, maybe even 3, weeks without washing my clothes and still would have something to wear. 
Is that too much?  My wardrobe is full - no more hangers available so I am now folding things onto shelves.  I have 2 x 3 foot rails for short hanging things and 1 x 3 foot rail for longer hanging things.

Here's a list of what I 'think' I need.....

3 pairs shorts, 3 pairs long pants/leggings (should that be 2 pair jeans + 2 pair leggings) (what about on those really cold days when I wear trackys?),
5 short sleeve or sleeveless tops (incl singlet tops?), 5 long sleeve tops
4 singlet tops - for really hot days as well as under my long sleeve tops on really cold days
4 dresses
1 light colored cardi/jacket, 1 dark one, 2 jumpers, 1 coat (not that I really wear a coat - never cold enough)
7 undies/knickers, 3 bras, 7 pair socks

Then comes the question, if I go with this list, of what do I get rid of?  Do I start with the things that are a bit older yet still in good condition?  Do I remove the items that are more fashionable and therefore soon to be out of fashion?

What do you think?

Could you reduce the amount in your wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message